Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Catching Up

Before you kill me for not posting, please just let me apologize.  I've been busy.  (Yes, busy for a month and a half.)

So, let's catch up on some of the things that have happened since April Fools Day.  I had a birthday and am now approximately older than I used to be (surprise, that).  I got my driver's license, to the horror of my family, my friends, and the entire Police Department.  I took the ACT, and am currently trying to entertain a cousin for three weeks. I cooked, cleaned, and read a book about an evil mechanical unicorn.

I visited Arches National Park and collapsed, exhausted, when we got home.  I made an orange-pineapple-and-tomato chutney to go on top of fish.  I began talking like a webcomic character and ate a nasturtium steak.  I chased a cabbage butterfly to keep it away from my cabbages and made coleslaw out of other cabbages.

I did things involving roses, things involving lemon basil, and things involving drying chamomile flowers on a plate by the stove.  My cousin and sisters put on two plays, one involving a stupid prince, a hippy prince, and an accidental love potion.  The other involved a stupid dragon, a princess in shining armor, and a wizard costume.

I wrote a bit of my book, let Mom read it, and consequently drove her crazy because I'd stopped at a cliffhanger.  I also made up another two books and a comic strip about a baby dragon and a kit fox.  (Don't expect much from this for a while.)

The one thing I have not done much of is schoolwork.  I'm kind of a failure as a homeschooler, I guess, but it's taught me how to dry chamomile by the stove.  So, now that you know everything I've done, I need to go do something else blog-worthy.

So long!

Laura

P.S.  Don't let Crazy Joe anywhere near the explosives while I'm gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment